What to do in Prince Edward County – Attractions
While visiting Prince Edward County and The Young Estate, you will find lots of recreational activities and attractions for all ages. They range from fine dining, wineries, biking tours, stunning bucolic scenery, sandy beaches or family activities. A great way to plan your visit is to ensure it coincides with annual events and festivals in the area. We offer guests a robust event guide and sample itineraries to help them plan each day of their visit. The guide is filled with lots of local activities and events along with contact numbers, so that you can plan each day of your visit.
Click on the calendar below to see the activity calendar.
Rentals include a multi-day entry and parking pass to Sandbanks Provincial Park for the duration of your stay ($125 value). Here are some activities that are available in Prince Edward County.
- Horseback riding
- Sand and Sun
- Golf (minutes from Picton G&CC; within 45 minutes of 7 others)
- Water Sports- canoeing, kayaking, boating, fishing
- Nature Walks
- Tour Local Farm Stores / U-picks
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Fishing
- Day trips to Kingston and surrounding areas
For a complete listing of activities, events and festivals visit this link.
- Your perfect Getaway in the County. For Wine & Culinary Experiences, Rejuvenation Getaways, Romantic Hideaways, Girlfriends Weekends, Family Reunions and more …This waterfront property is very conveniently located- just 3 minutes by car to Sandbanks, and close to wineries, towns and Lake Ontario.
- The property offers you and your family lots of space – 20 acres of space for your kids to run around and you can enjoy a picnic under one of the numerous large old maple trees on the property. Enjoy some quiet time in the county by the water or in the large backyard.
COUNTY AND HAMLET SITES
- You can visit the small hamlet of Cherry Valley (10 minutes by car) or Picton (10m), Bloomfield (15m) or Wellington (20m) by car or bike. You can get to many locations in 10-30 minutes by car or bike:
– Outlet Beach, the best beach in Sandbanks park (free pass! see below for more info)
– Picton (biggest town in area), with restaurants, attractions and grocery stores
– Black River cheese factory and lots of roadside fresh veggies and fruits
– Waupoos Cider, breweries, wineries and a variety of other locations.
– Visit secluded swimming holes that the locals enjoy – south (Point Petre) or south east (Milford + South Bay), as well as the incredible Dunes Beach.
You can launch your boat from the property’s waterfront or from a local boat dock into East Lake, a fishable 4km lake. Visit a church from 1862 and its cemetery, and a charming corner store in Cherry Valley. Wine-tastings and much more! We can give you a list of some of the finer establishments to visit while in the county.
Larger towns – Belleville or Trenton are both approximately 30mins away by car. VIA trains and buses stop in both cities. A transit bus would bring you to Picton, which is about a 10min cab ride ($12-$15) to the property, one-way.
Bikes, Boats and more!
You may have access to couple of bikes to borrow. You can also rent bikes near by in Bloomfield. East Lake is great for boating, fishing and swimming. You will need to bring your own canoes and Kayaks. But you can rent these nearby. There is no public transit but you can call for a taxi if you need too. Parking of 4 cars is included. Additional parking is available.
Other Things to Note
SANDBANKS: We will provide you with a Ontario Provincial Park pass ($100 deposit), which is good for one parking spot at any provincial park. The closet are: Sandbanks (3mins by car), North Beach (30mins, just past Welllington), and Presqu’ile Provincial Park (45mins).
BEACH: You can bike to Outlet Beach (part of Sandbanks Provincial Park). Search (website hidden) for reviews. The Outlet Beach is a beautiful long sandy beach. It slopes gradually so its really shallow hence is family friendly and is a popular swimming and family play beach- ideal for sandcastles! The area is also shaded with tall trees along the beach so you can close your eyes and imagine you are on a beach in Florida! Another beach (Richardson’s) is more secluded with amazing dunes that tower over 15-20 feet up from the water.
Lots of BOARD GAMES and BOOKS for you to enjoy! We also have Garden Croquet and other fun activities.